Knotty pine paneling is an ageless alternative to drywall for its natural beauty and sustainability. It has been used in America, Europe, and Asia for centuries with pleasing results in cabins to larger homes. A useful option is pre-finished paneling for its many benefits.
Although several varieties of pine trees are used for paneling, Northern pine also called Norwegian pine is a favorite. It is strong, durable, gorgeous, affordable, and easy to work with. Matching trims, moldings, and baseboards are available from the best suppliers.
If you want a sustainable product that won’t delete the forests, knotty pine is grown on tree farms throughout the U.S. When purchased with the tongue and groove end-matching design, you will find it fast and easy to install.
Pre-Finished Pine Paneling Is Professionally Done
When you want the best finish possible on your pine wall and ceiling paneling, let the pros apply it. You will appreciate these benefits of using the best materials:
- The wood is hand-inspected to be defect-free
- The best finishing materials like stain and a clear coat are used
- There are no drips, runs, or sags in the finished product
- Experienced craftsmen apply their skills to give you a gorgeous product
- The finish is typically more durable than you can apply yourself
- Less maintenance and repairs to deal with
You will appreciate pre-finished paneling for its greater depth of color and natural wood texture. When you want the best results, use pre-finished knotty pine paneling that is prepared in a controlled environment.
Pre-Finished Pine Paneling Is a Real Time Saver
If you are in a hurry to install paneling or winter is coming on, you’ll find the time-savings of pre-finished wood a blessing. Here’s how you can speed up the process:
- The overall installation is easy compared to plank panels
- Save 15% to 20% installation time
- There is less measuring and sawing involved
- Paneling is secured to walls with a nail gun
- Nail it up and you are done
You can eliminate a lot of guesswork with high-quality paneling that is straight and flat. There’s no trying to force boards together that are warped or bowed with our knotty pine paneling. You don’t need to wait for the finish to dry or schedule a painter that saves even more time!
This Product is Virtually a No-Waste Product
Pre-finished tongue and groove pine paneling saves money because it is virtually a no-waste product. If you have ever tried installing old-style long plank paneling that’s 10’ to 16’ in length, you will appreciate tongue and groove benefits:
- Each piece of our paneling is kiln-dried to the correct moisture content for consistent dimensions and application of stain and a clear coat finish.
- The panels can be end-butted anywhere between studs instead of spliced on studs.
- Sawn-off end pieces can be used to start the next row above that eliminates waste.
- Tongues and grooves on both sides and ends provide a tight fit.
- Very little, if any, goes in the trash dump.
Pre-Finished Pine Paneling Has Many Applications
Pre-finished pine paneling has many applications other than walls in log or conventional homes. A review of what homeowners and woodworkers use it for includes:
- Interior ceilings ● Closet linings
- Interior decking ● Pantry linings
- Kitchen islands ● Shelf backing
- Beverage bars ● Accent spaces
- Bookcases ● Doorway frames
Other exterior applications include any where the paneling is protected from the elements such as porch ceilings. Many people do not think of dressing up their porches with pine panels but perhaps will after reading this.
Pre-finished paneling is such a versatile product that you will probably think of other uses not covered here. If you have some left over pieces, do a little research for creative ideas for its use.
Knotty Pine Paneling Is a Sustainable Product
Sustainable building materials help save our environment and the planet. This is one of the benefits of pre-finished knotty pine wood. Our paneling is milled from pine trees that are grown on federally-approved tree farms. When a group of trees is harvested, they are regularly replanted for future use, unlike most hardwood trees.
Knotty pine is also used for log siding, ceilings, trims, molding, decking, flooring, doors, and cabinetry. It is a versatile material that has seen centuries of use and will continue to do so.
If you are an amateur woodworker, you will appreciate knotty pine’s qualities that make it a joy to work and admire.